During the winter months, there is no better time to take advantage of the many holiday savings available at High Country stores.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift for that special someone or an early Christmas present to treat yourself, knowing how to shop the sales can lead to considerable savings.
- Though they might not be the most creative or thoughtful gift during the holidays, gift cards offer recipients an opportunity to buy whatever suits their interest. Buyers expect to see a drop in the costs of gift cards during December, making them an excellent item to purchase either for the holidays or to gift at a later date.
- In the weeks leading up to Christmas, highly coveted video game titles often experience all-time-lows in pricing. There is no doubt that, as one of the most popular forms of entertainment for all ages, December is a great time to purchase a game you or anyone else has been dreaming of throughout the year.
- If you missed the excitement of Black Friday sales, TVs are one item that typically tend to remain priced affordably in the following weeks. Keep eyes trained on the circulars and jump when sales are advertised, as inventory may be limited.
- After Christmas has come and gone, holiday decorations tend to see a significant cut in costs from Dec. 26 onward. Get a headstart on restocking decorations for next year during that time and take advantage of considerable savings.
- Market competition will help drive down the cost of everyone’s favorite New Year beverage, offering the perfect opportunity to stock up on bubbly and other sparkling wines before your family and friends gather to reign in the New Year.
- As winter progresses, retailers experience a decrease in stock for winter clothing as they make way for a new season’s worth of apparel. Starting in late December, stores are eager to liquidate their stock of scarves, sweaters, boots and winter coats. This is a primetime to replenish wardrobes.
- : Throughout the month of January, retailers significantly discount comforter sets, sheets, towels and more in what is commonly known as “White Sales.” Don’t miss the opportunity to revitalize bedroom sets during this time of year.
- It should come as no surprise that January is an ideal time to invest in a gym membership or fitness equipment since many people seek a healthy lifestyle as a part of their New Year’s resolutions. Gyms may waive extra fees or offer discounted rates.
- Since most people do their traveling during the holiday season, the travel industry tends to discount hotel rates and fare costs in order to attract new customers. Tickets for shows and theater performance may also be discounted during this time of year.
December and January are great times to visit the High Country’s retailers — such as Boone Mall, Tanger Outlets in Blowing Rock or many of the local shops located in the region’s downtown areas — and grab steep deals on an array of products.