The High Country is known not only for its beautiful views of the mountainous land, but also for its alluring waterways and the opportunities for canoeing, kayaking, whitewater rafting, swimming and fishing.
- King: That was the peak of the Covid-19 surge. We passed it
- Infectious disease expert issues stark warning about US
- Weekly COVID-19 cases in Virginia could double by December, new model shows
- Amid COVID-19 surge, GOP lawmakers, including health chairman, attend indoor mass gathering
- White House COVID-19 adviser: Surging Wisconsin needs to stop 'silent spread' of virus
BOONE — Pivoting in response to 2020’s pandemic plot twist, Appalachian State University has adapted its fall 2020 Hughlene Bostian Frank Visiting Writers Series into virtual events featuring renowned national authors, including novelist Jacinda Townsend, poets Jacinta White and Nickole Brow…
As fall color begins to burst in the Western North Carolina High Country, Grandfather Mountain offers one of the most stunning vantage points from which to view it, in person and digitally.
As President Trump continues to say the US is turning the corner in the coronavirus pandemic, no state has reported fewer Covid-19 cases this week than last week. CNN's John King breaks down the numbers.