The most important part of any vacation is the memories that stay long after your stay is over. Memories such as this take many forms, such as a small trinket on a shelf, a smell that reminds you of good times or a new passion that you hold onto for years.
- Average daily Covid-19 cases tripled since mid-summer in this state
- Dr. Fauci to Sen. Paul: You are not listening to what the CDC director said
- Bill Gates says he thinks Trump's travel ban made outbreak in US worse. Here's why
- Want to vote in person? Here's how to judge the risk
- US coronavirus death toll passes 200,000
BOONE — Pivoting in response to 2020’s pandemic plot twist, Appalachian State University has adapted its fall 2020 Hughlene Bostian Frank Visiting Writers Series into virtual events featuring renowned national authors, including novelist Jacinda Townsend, poets Jacinta White and Nickole Brow…
Tweetsie Railroad, one of North Carolina’s oldest theme park attractions, sits in the Blue Ridge of North Carolina, between Blowing Rock and Boone. Visitors travel from across the country to ride in the park’s open-air train cars and hear its engines’ whistle blow through the mountains.
CNN's Nick Watt reports that despite rising coronavirus cases in 22 states, issues surrounding a vaccine have become so politicized that a main focus of a Senate hearing with public health officials was on restoring public trust in any vaccine brought forth.