BURKE COUNTY — The Conservation Fund and U.S. Forest Service (USFS) announced the addition of 205 acres to Pisgah National Forest at Linville Gorge, buffering the adjacent Wilderness Area. Its protection secures iconic viewsheds, enhances access for recreation and preserves wildlife habitat …
- See expert's plan to end pandemic in four weeks
- 'We're left high and dry': Vulnerable seniors struggle to get vaccine
- Vaccinations for some first responders to stop due to low supply
- From Wuhan to the White House: A timeline of COVID-19’s spread
- 'This is like my new job': Inside the struggle to get a Covid-19 vaccine
Frescoes are a unique art form that dates back thousands of years, and they hold up to the test of time. The artist will use watercolor paints to create the work on wet plaster, usually on walls or ceilings. When the plaster dries, the pigment is chemically bonded and can last for centuries.
Winter makes everything cold. Cold cars and hands might be a discomfort, but the good news is the winter helps keep beer cold. The High Country is full of locally-owned, craft breweries that can keep your fridge stocked while you’re snowed in, while also giving you a place to go when the roa…