BURKE COUNTY — The Conservation Fund and U.S. Forest Service (USFS) announced the addition of 205 acres to Pisgah National Forest at Linville Gorge, buffering the adjacent Wilderness Area. Its protection secures iconic viewsheds, enhances access for recreation and preserves wildlife habitat …
- Covid-19 pushed this nurse to quit her job. See where she lives now
- Covid-19 patients on dealing with Texas storm while in hospital
- One of New York state's largest vaccination sites is opening in Brooklyn
- Black Americans struggle to get COVID-19 vaccine; history threatens to repeat
- POLL: FEWER AMERICANS CONCERNED ABOUT GETTING COVID
Frescoes are a unique art form that dates back thousands of years, and they hold up to the test of time. The artist will use watercolor paints to create the work on wet plaster, usually on walls or ceilings. When the plaster dries, the pigment is chemically bonded and can last for centuries.
Winter makes everything cold. Cold cars and hands might be a discomfort, but the good news is the winter helps keep beer cold. The High Country is full of locally-owned, craft breweries that can keep your fridge stocked while you’re snowed in, while also giving you a place to go when the roa…
Former ICU nurse Rachel Ellsworth says she quit her job because of the stress of caring for Covid-19 patients and the irritable person she became. She decided to move her family here and start a new life.