Visitors looking to lace up their hiking boots and explore the scenery of Western North Carolina have no shortage of options for trails, lookouts and camping. State parks throughout North Carolina provide locations to enjoy the outdoors, but those in the High Country specifically feature uni…
- Dr. Francis Collins on pandemic fatigue: The virus is not tired of us
- Expert says this is the most important thing we need to know about Omicron
- Fauci: Omicron variant almost invariably will spread all over
- Fauci: New Covid variant spreading in fluid motion in South Africa
- UK adds six African countries to 'red list' over new variant
Nearly five decades have past since internationally renowned artist Ben Long first put brush to wet plaster in the historic St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, outside of West Jefferson to create what would become the first in his collection of larger than life Fresco paintings in North Carolina — …
The High Country is a very different place in the autumn, as the vibrant green recedes and in comes a wash of oranges, yellows and reds. What was once a warm, verdant landscape is annual replaced by a fiery palette that draws eyes from far and wide.
Dr. Francis Collins cautions that people should continue to take every measure they can to prevent the spread of Covid-19 as the world grapples with the emergence of the Omicron variant.