Visitors looking to lace up their hiking boots and explore the scenery of Western North Carolina have no shortage of options for trails, lookouts and camping. State parks throughout North Carolina provide locations to enjoy the outdoors, but those in the High Country specifically feature uni…
- How should you time your flu and Covid-19 shots? Dr. Fauci explains
- This Atlanta hospital is having to make tough choices amid Covid patient influx
- Her 4-year-old nearly died from a rare complication of Covid-19
- 'Terrible dilemma': Toobin on FDA's Alzheimer treatment approval
- Trump's FDA commissioner says Delta variant hasn't run its course
Nearly five decades have past since internationally renowned artist Ben Long first put brush to wet plaster in the historic St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, outside of West Jefferson to create what would become the first in his collection of larger than life Fresco paintings in North Carolina — …
When the fall rolls into the High Country, the leaves begin to change. They go from a vibrant green wall to a smattering of reds, yellows and oranges. In other words, the colors reminiscent of the busy brewers, carefully crafting beers in the High Country.
The High Country is a very different place in the autumn, as the vibrant green recedes and in comes a wash of oranges, yellows and reds. What was once a warm, verdant landscape is annual replaced by a fiery palette that draws eyes from far and wide.
Is it safe to get a coronavirus vaccine or vaccine booster shot at the same time as the flu shot? Dr. Anthony Fauci weighs in on the timing.